Unable to register a vendor zone

I intend to conform with the best practices described in the wiki and register a vendor zone for Oracle Linux.

I went through the steps outlined there a few months ago but haven’t heard back from anybody from the NTP pool project yet. I dug through the history and found out jch (no @ since I can only mention 2 users in a post) attempted that years ago with a similar result. :anguished:

I thought to myself, perhaps, vendor zones are not a thing anymore, but then I found out that there are zones configured for Rocky and AlmaLinux – distributions which didn’t even exist when we applied for a zone for the first time in 2018! :open_mouth:

So far, I’ve tried every e-mail address mentioned in the vendor zone wiki article and IRC channel. I’m posting this as a last resort, hoping someone could point me in the right direction to get the request through.

/cc @ask, @stevos

I’m sorry about that; I’ll follow-up in email!

Could we perhaps make this happen anytime soon? There’s a chance to get the updated config into the upcoming release.

This a gentle reminder that I’m still looking forward to the e-mail @ask promised.

1 Like

Sent, finally! :melting_face: Thank you for your incredible patience! I finished a bunch of improvements to the system this spring so new vendor zone applications don’t get lost in a huge pile anymore (it filters out most of the confused ones)

2 Likes

Thanks for all the effort, @ask. Do you think the vendor zone will be ready before the end of this year, or shall we postpone the change until next year?