Unable to get feedback on vendor zone creation

Hi,

I requested a vendor zone a few weeks ago (#2064) and did not receive any feedback. I’ve already mailed vendors@ntppool.org and Ask but didn’t hear from anyone.
The devices we’re producing are almost at code freeze and I really need to have some solution for NTP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sven

• First, if you can’t wait for the vendor zone, maybe you can check the Google Public NTP service, which is available for commercial use under Google API Terms. Most applications don’t care for leap seconds anyway…
  • Or, theoretically you can just use {0,1,2,3}.pool.ntp.org and get acceptable geo-based results. Using a vendor zone is good for management, but IMHO not using a vendor zone is not that evil.
  • Please refrain from using any country/continent zone unless you can make sure your product will be distributed and working only in that area.
  • NEVER USE ANY IP ADDRESS.
1 Like

Hi Sven, sorry about the delay! I have been working on (but obviously not finished) automating the rest of this process and in the meantime built up a bit of a backlog. :frowning:

Thank you for solving this!