Help me to add my hong kong ntp server 35.241.102.11 to nearby countries like China, Taiwan, Phillippines, Vietnam pool etc

i set to 1000mbps and my vps still have plenty bandwidth and cpu left, so could you add my server to these pools, i make sure that the server will still run properly

It is set as such, have a look:

It says @ Asia HK, meaning it will supply HK, Asia and the World if needed.

If you set your bandwith to maximum it will be used more then others.

actually traffic will increase if i am aded to other zone, because i am added to global pool.ntp.org and asia.pool.ntp.org but not cn.pool.ntp.org or tw,pool.ntp.org. So adding me to these zone will increase some traffic(although may not be pronounced

1. You should support Macao first. There are no local servers there; only Cloudflare anycast servers are available by now.
  2. Secondly, support China. With 13b population the local servers are always in a burden, and servers with land connection (not through sea cables) will surely help. But you shall first make sure your server are accessible from within GFW of China.
  3. Don’t bother joining other pools before you can keep running 1000Mbps under {hk,mo,cn} pool. Joining pools beyond your GeoIP range requires manual edit from admins, so you should refrain from bother them often.
1 Like

It doesn’t work like that.

If it tells you Asia, it means all Asia will get you in their pool.
That is also Macao.

People form there are served by the Asia pool if there is no explicit pool.

Also don’t foget that many ISP’s have their own timeserver and local users get their time.

Time will be correct, don’t worry about the pools.

Yes and no.

For “@ asia hk”, surely this server will be included in pool.ntp.org and asia.pool.ntp.org, and serve people all over the world. But given the massive server counts from Europe and north America, a single server will not attract much traffic in the global level like the OP wants. Besides, vendor zones like android.pool.ntp.org will default to the respective client’s country zone, so an Android phone located in HK will hardly get time from servers outside HK. One shall first resides in a country with small pool to learn this; the small pool can be easily exhausted in dozens of consecutive queries. Thus for attracting even more traffic, joining other country zone is still a viable solution.

1 Like

I tried to connect to his server and it doesn’t work.

Also, why does it point to Google?

nslookup 35.241.102.11
11.102.241.35.in-addr.arpa	name = 11.102.241.35.bc.googleusercontent.com.

Kind of weird.

From the OP’s username, I suspect he had rented an instance from GCP asia-east2 DC located in Hong Kong, hence the googleusercontent.com default domain. But the IP seems unresponsive by now, maybe the OP changed his mind…

1 Like

Sorry, it’s my opinion the user should be banned as he’s trying to bring their problem into ntp-pool.

We got nothing to do with them, not now, not ever.

He should be banned as user and server.

Just read his remarks, date of registration, and what he posts.

He is just in here to abuse the pool to take sides in his war, we should not, not now, not ever allow this.

1 Like