User information download and user deletion features

Hi everyone –

The system now supports downloading a snapshot of the information that is in the system associated with your user; and the accounts your user is part of. Several years of monitoring logs are included for verified servers in your account(s).

Click the account name in the left navigation and then click “manage account” to see the download user data and delete user links.

The features also work on the beta site but the login accounts (from login.ntppool.org / auth0) are only deleted when the feature is initiated from the non-beta system.

Feedback welcome!

5 Likes

Is the user data download handled through a manual process so it takes up to 1 week to complete?

By my interpretation, it takes up to a maximum of one hour, and the download will be available for one week. If it takes a whole week to download, you’re either procrastinating, or you need to give your ISP a call.

3 Likes

Year your interpretation is correct.

@Badeand yeah, exactly. The “archiver” runs every minute or so, but in the unlikely case someone with a lot of old data is building an archive that could it theory take a little longer.

If I go to pool.ntp.org: AlisonW's pool servers I get “AlisonW’s pool servers - No active servers” response, yet clicking on the ‘manage servers’ button immediately shows my two servers! ( pool.ntp.org: the internet cluster of ntp servers ) with ticks against their IPs.

Could you advise please.

Regards, AlisonW

What is your poblem? They are not active.

Did you push the DELETE button? Then they are deleted.

You probably didn’t set them for removal, as they will be after 2 weeks or so.

And they do not list anymore on your own management page.

This worked for me every time.

What is your poblem? They are not active.

Except they are!

Did you push the DELETE button? Then they are deleted.
No

You probably didn't set them for removal, as they will be after 2 weeks or so.
Again No.

And they do not list anymore on your own management page.
They disappeared when I changed ISP (and so IPs) but haven’t been offline in nearly 20 years

It’s all rather puzzling. I can’t “Move servers to another account” as no other accounts appear.
I could add them to “pool.ntp.org: markyate.net's pool servers” but not to “pool.ntp.org: AlisonW's pool servers” which is where they were (it said not valid - presumably as already existed and wouldn’t let me overwrite.)
There is also some network routing issue going on as 2001:8b0:51a:da7e::1 keeps getting low- or no-scored yet is the same box as the IPv4, so that is still being investigated.

Alison

Alison, I wrote you a PM
Please check :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know this is important for GDPR and all that, but my feedback is that I’d really love more time to be spent on IPv6 enabling [013].*.pool.ntp.org than this. :smiley:

2 Likes

Indeed, I will post one of the next weekends about the various things in progress!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.