Issues with NTP server from argentina

Hi! Since some time ago (not sure when) I started receiving some errors with NTP. I am using {0-4}.debian.pool.ntp.org, but the error happens also with 0.pool.ntp.org (right now for me it resolves to the same IP). I’m guessing the ntp server is down and they’re using the IP for something else, but I’m not sure where to report it.

Resolved IP: 168.96.251.195

$ curl 0.debian.pool.ntp.org
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>301 Moved Permanently</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Moved Permanently</h1>
<p>The document has moved <a href="http://www.aggo-conicet.gob.ar">here</a>.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.4.38 (Debian) Server at 0.debian.pool.ntp.org Port 80</address>
</body></html>

@fermino , welcome to the community!

What kind of errors are you receiving?
The output of the curl does not signify much, some servers are also used for HTTP/HTTPS in addtion of being NTP servers.

Sorry, I did jump to conclusions way faster than I’d like to admit :face_with_peeking_eye:.
The setup is a TrueNAS Scale box (debian based) that gives me the following error:

NTP health check failed - No Active NTP peers: [{'SERVER: NOT_SELECTABLE [162.159.200.1]'}, {'SERVER: NOT_SELECTABLE [200.11.116.10]'}, {'SERVER: NOT_SELECTABLE [170.155.148.1]'}]

Whatever I posted before was me going head-first with the first thing I found odd. The IP from the first post is working and all the IPs from the error work too when I check them with ntpdate -q. That makes me believe it might be related to connectivity issues.
What does the NOT_SELECTABLE error mean? I tried looking that up and I couldn’t find anything.

There’s a monitoring system, so if an NTP server stops responding or is reporting a time that’s too far off, it gets temporarily taken out of the pool until it has recovered.

Do you have many NTP clients coming from the same IP address by chance?