Centerclick NTP390

@stevesommars, I hope to have the NTP390 in a few days.
This device should have a incredibly good clock.

20 PartsPerBilion, not Million like others.

It will replace my NTP220, so you can test it.

I have no clue if it makes any difference, but hey, it should be so precise…will it be better then the 220 or my Garminpuk you tested before.

I wonder…I hope to have it this week.

@dave-ntppool

ntpd reported jitter is about an order of magnatude better than 2xx, but I suspect this is mostly due to cpu/kernel.

20ppb is the free-run for the OCXO, when GPS is present we can discipline it down to <2ppb typical if you keep the operating temp constant (the OC part is good but not 100%). we monitor the XO stability vs PPS via our new timing processor (measures at a resolution of ~5nsec) and tracks the trend vs XO see NTP390-demo7 - Timing Processor Details

I see in the demo you use Baidou and GPS.
I tried to do that in my 220 but it don’t seem to enable Baidou.
Then I only get GPS and SBAS.

Why are you using Baidou in the demo for the 390?