Monitoring stations timeout to our NTP servers

@ialbarki
The IP of your NTP belongs to an IP pool of Level3 a.k.a. Centurylink, so therefore routers belonging to Level3 are being traversed (of course).
As stated in my post here, I “proofed” that there are some weird NTP problems which can be tracked down to aggressive rate limiting of NTP traffic done on Level3 routers.
At least on traffic between Europe and the U.S., Level3 is eating some of the NTP packets.

Since today I had no luck to get NTP working again via Level3. My pool server is online again, because I changed outgoing routing towards the pool monitor to go via Cogent :frowning:
Maybe you could open a ticket with your host/ISP to get in touch with Level3 engineers to stop that stupid filtering.

What you see in WHOIS is the technical contact address. This contact is not mandatorily tied to the physical location of the servers.
I am Tech-C for some IP networks which are located over 300 km away from where I work :wink:

According to a traceroute, the IP 139.178.64.42 is located in Newark - because the last two hops in front of the target are named
0.xe-1-0-0.bbr1.ewr1.packet.net
0.ae12.dsr2.ewr1.packet.net

EWR is the IATA code for Newark Liberty International Airport :wink: